I started dancing when I was 2 years old and through the years and careers as a dance teacher, actor, acting teacher and Pilates instructor it has been dancing that has always given me the most enjoyment. I am at my happiest when I am teaching dance whether the students are 3 year olds just beginning to express themselves through dance or the most advanced dancers with years of training behind them displaying their unparalleled strength, expression and beauty.
I watched my mother happily and successfully together with my father operate a dance studio for 37 years until her unexpected passing in 2013. I find it remarkable that after so many years she truly felt inspired to spend the better part of each evening and weekend teaching. I suppose that is what dance does for us.
I feel there is nothing more inspiring and artistically fulfilling than watching a beautiful dancer. It truly lifts the spirit. This is what motivates us as teachers to seek the very best from our students and watch their ability grow and flourish.
As I look to the future I see teaching dance as a career that will fulfill me both professionally, personally, and most of all creatively, for many years to come.
– Gema Zamprogna, Studio Owner/Operator
A LOOK INSIDE THE STUDIO
- 38 years in Hamilton and Dundas
- Brand new 2000 square foot facility in Grimsby
- 2 large studios
- Sprung flooring system optimal for injury prevention
- Harlequin floors non-slip dance floor
- Professionally qualified teachers
- All ages from 2yrs to adult
- Students prepared for RAD ballet exams
- Non-competitive, fully inclusive atmosphere
- No competitions, no expensive costumes
- Emphasis on sound technical training
- Annual end of season Demonstration (recital) at the Dofasco Centre for the Arts (Theatre Aquarius)